How to update Internet Explorer?
Follow the steps below to update your browser:
- Enter the Microsoft Internet Explorer download website or the installation access above.
- You must select the language you want to download on the left side of the web.
- On the right side, next to the language, you must choose your operating system. The Windows 7 file is also valid for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Do not forget to check if you need a 32 or 64 bit architecture.
- To know this you must access the “Team” folder.
- Go to “Properties”.
- Look for the option “System Type”. On the right you can find the correspondence with this version.
- On your desktop or taskbar, you will have an Internet Explorer configuration icon, just like this one. Double click on the icon to open the configuration.
- A message will appear asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer. You must select “Yes”.
- Now you must click on the “Finish” button. You may be asked to restart the computer. You must do it so that the changes are executed correctly.
Activate automatic updates in the Internet Explorer browser
To keep us in the latest version it is necessary that we have notifications of updates activated. Doing this will only take a few minutes and can help us avoid having a version not supported by Microsoft or for which do not make more updates.
- First of all, you have to open Internet Explorer by clicking on the icon of the famous lowercase e in light blue.
- In the top right, you will find an icon that looks like a gray wheel. Click on it
- In the drop-down you have to select “About Internet Explorer”.
- You must put the tick in the “Install new versions automatically” box.
- After that, click on the “Close” button.
From that moment, your Internet browser will be updated automatically without having to ask for authorizations; So, you are going to update to the latest version of Internet Explorer always and without having to do anything. If the updates end and you are not asked to restart the system, you should not believe it. It is best to restart the computer before testing whether your new version of the browser works properly.